Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Or" and "And" Gates


So many stories
And philosophies
So many years of longing
And clemencies

Define the universal feeling
We all call it love and
Many hearts ruled and ruined
By its mighty hand

Being in the ageless epics
It has been maneuvered
Being coveted by many
But hardly ever delivered

Buying our own desolation
In kind of dreams and rains
We all have done it once
But only to conclude, it pains

Why don’t we rise in love?
Make our life purposeful
And indeed more justified
Much more meaningful
We have all survived
The sufferings and pains
And have ostensibly evolved
To find there are no gains

Ruled by the laws
Not to express the actual you
For the sake of the society
And get colored in its hue

Forsaking our own individuality
To be machines and flip flops
Serving to the OR and AND gates
Of the people, only to drop


We have stopped ourselves
From being good and bad
To become more acceptable
And sociable in the clad

We all love someone
Save our self
We all are someone
Except our self

I don’t want to bow
In front of this sane society
Only to shred myself
Inch by inch in front of the mighty

I want to live my life
With myself in harmony
Before succumbing to
The eternal cacophony

I want my dreams to testify
My desires of the subconscious
I want to be me
Finally in love with me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruled by the laws
Not to express the actual you
For the sake of the society
And get colored in its hue

many a persons lost thus :(!!